Now you can edit the location of items on Google Maps. It's quick and easy. It's not anonymous, however, so keep in mind that other people will see who edited a location.
- Log into your Google Account and go to Google Maps. Make sure you are in satellite view.
- Type in the address of the location you want to edit and click the Search Maps button.
- A marker will appear on the address. Click on the marker, and you should see the information bubble for the item.
- If you're allowed to edit this location, you'll see an edit link in the information bubble. Click on the edit link.
- Click on the Move Marker link that appears. Drag on the marker to move it to the correct location.
- Once you have moved the marker, click on the save button. That's it. Most changes are now visible to the world.
- You can't edit government buildings, hospitals, libraries and other similar locations. You also can't edit businesses that have registered with Google.
- If you move an item more than 200 meters, it will need to be verified by a moderator before the changes will appear.
- If you find a location that's been edited, you still have the option of viewing the original location.