Note: Google has updated YouTube, and channel types no longer apply.
Everyone starts out YouTube with a basic "YouTuber" channel type. It doesn't have to stay that way. Once you've uploaded a video, you can change your YouTube account type to better reflect the type of videos you create.
For instance, if you're a comedian, you can change your account to reflect that. Comedian channels can do everything basic YouTuber channels can. They can also list upcoming performance dates and links to DVDs.
Changing Your Channel TypeTo change your channel type:
- Log into your YouTube account.
- Click on the Account link on the upper right.
- Click on Edit Channel. The link is on the middle right of the page.
- Scroll down slightly and click on change channel type.
- Select the new channel type from the list.
- Press the Update Channel button.